My descent into needless minutae and silliness CONTINUES...
Almost at the end! Just a little on encounters, Initiative, and probably unarmed combat (which is gonna be super simple).
There have been some comments where I attention whor... I mean also posted my house rules that the combat section is overdetailed, and a little bit anal really. Which I can understand. But as I come from as much RPGing as I do tabletop wargaming, covering the major situations and having a little crunch to sink my tactical teeth in is something I am used to and have come to expect, especially given some of the more powergamey of people I have played with and against over the years.
But this did cause me to ultrastreamline cover and terrain and area effect spells/attacks more than I already planned. But to save time I did Power Stunts and Attribute Checks as pure text. Which means less chances for silly jokes though. Oh well, there is always the final section for that, right?
A blog about tabletop hobby and or strategy games, with a side order of electronic turn based goodness here and there. Now with tons of retro gaming content both electronic and tabletop. Also with 20% more self loathing douchebaggery!
- ► 2017 (11)
- ► 2016 (15)
- ► 2014 (35)
- ► 2013 (61)
- ► 2012 (52)
- ► 2011 (56)
- ► 2010 (76)
- ► 2009 (72)
- My Playtest Review of Tunnels & Trolls
- My AD&D 2nd House Rules Part 7 - Combat Part 4
- Saturday Changeling LARP Report: Rufus' War Journa...
- iPod Touch: A Gamer's Best Friend?
- New Editions, Feel, and Compatibility
- Tunnels & Trolls 7.5 Unboxing and First Look Revie...
- I had the mehs this week. So its variety pack tim...
- My AD&D 2nd House Rules Part 6 - Combat Part 3
- Genre Books are BAAAD... Mmmkay?
- My AD&D 2nd House Rules Part 5 - Combat Part 2
- ▼ September (10)