A blog about tabletop hobby and or strategy games, with a side order of electronic turn based goodness here and there. Now with tons of retro gaming content both electronic and tabletop. Also with 20% more self loathing douchebaggery!

Thursday, April 26, 2012

My Top X Videogames as of Now.


On a retrochat IRC channel (#retrochat on synirc.net) I just listed my top 10 games of all time, then top 3 per platform.  Here they are straight from my brain as I came up with them.  Maybe I will come back and update the entries with pictures and thoughts later on.  Or not.  But what the hey?  I wrote em down might as well cut and past and repost here!

Thinking of what I own, what still holds up for me NOW, and in no real order:  Mechwarrior 4 Mercenaries.  Ultima 1.  Super Street Fighter 2.  Master of Orion 2.  Fallout 2.  Phantasy Star 2.  Atari Arcade Star Wars.  Warlords 2.  Ultima 5.  Doom 2.

Now top 3 for each system:

Atari 2600: Berzerk, Cosmic Ark, Missile Command.
Intellivision: Snafu, Burger Time, Astrosmash.
NES: Dragon Quest 4, Contra, Castlevania.
C64: Ultima 5, Ultima 1, Defender of the Crown.
Amiga: Gods, Eye of the Beholder 2, Secret of Monkey Island 2.
Game Boy/Color: Dragon Quest 1/2, Dragon Quest 3, Zelda Links Awakening.
Master System: Castle of Illusion, Phantasy Star, Spellcaster.
Genesis/CD: Phantasy Star 2, Valis 3, Star Control.
SNES: Chrono Trigger, UN Squadron, Actraiser.
Turbografx: Bonk's Revenge, Cosmic Fantasy 2, Ninja Spirit.
Atari 8 bit computer:  Miner 2049er, Up n Down, Pole Position.
PC DOS:  Wing Commander, Mechwarrior 1, Warlords 2.
PC Win 9x: Final Liberation, Master of Orion 2, Warlords 3.
PC Win xp-7: Space Marine, Legend of Grimrock, Mechwarrior 4 Mercenaries.
X Box: KOTOR, KOTOR2, Mech Assault.
360: Fallout 3, Mass Effect, Condemned.
Gamecube: Resident Evil remake, Beach Spikers, Gladius.
PS1: Symphony of the Night, Lunar SSS, Space Hulk.
PS2: Timesplitters 2, Disgaea, Star Wars Starfighter.
PS3: Valkyria Chronicles, Little Big Planet, Little Big Planet 2.
PSP: Ys Oath in Felghana, Valkyrie Profile, Valkyria Chronicles 2.
Wii: House of the Dead Overkill, Fire Emblem whatever its called, Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles.
Saturn: Panzer Dragoon Saga, Macross DYRL, Dragon Force.
Dreamcast: Tony Hawks Pro Skater, Re Volt, Phantasy Star Online.
GBA: Advance Wars 2, Metroid Zero Mission, Super Robot Taisen OG2.
DS: Dragon Quest 5, Advance Wars Days of Ruin, Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon.
Neo Geo Pocket Color: Cardfighters Clash, Capcom vs SNK, Magical Drop.
N Gage: Pathway to Glory, Pathway to Glory Ikusa Islands, Warhammer 40K Glory in Death.
Arcade: Star Wars (Atari), GI Joe, Raiden 2.

 And I think I am done as there arent enough games on the GG, 3DS, or N64 I like enough to make a top list.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Southeastern CT, United States
I like to play nerd games! I am a nerd! Join our nerd ways at https://www.facebook.com/groups/112040385527428/