A blog about tabletop hobby and or strategy games, with a side order of electronic turn based goodness here and there. Now with tons of retro gaming content both electronic and tabletop. Also with 20% more self loathing douchebaggery!

Monday, April 12, 2010

Operation Don't Buy So Much Dammit Part 3: The Update

What have I bought since the last time?

Space Marine Drop Pod: 30.  I need it to drop Dreadnoughts into people's faces.  Close Combat Dreadnoughts with Heavy Flamers, Melta Guns, Armor 13, and 2 Power Fists.

Codex Blood Angels: 25.  My Pre Heresy World Eaters' army book.  I originally used the free PDF codex since it was cheap and Death Company pretty much are WEater Berserkers anyhow.  I will probably do a full review of this one sometime soon.  Same with the Drop Pod, though I need 2 of those for my list.

Radioactive Press' Toy Battle System Rulesbooks: Giant Monster Rampage & Mega Bots.  27 for both.  Wanted both of them as I like the idea of using my toy collection as something other than a subtle blend of dust collector and birth control device.  And I like Giant Robots and Giant Monsters.  Lulu.com had a 10% off sale so huzzah.

2 Sets of Tower Blocks:  5 each.  Knockoff generic Jenga blocks.  I needed blocks to make towers for the Toy Battle games anyhow, and these were the best cheap choice.  48 basic wood, and 48 painted ones with a color die so you are forced to pick a certain block in your default play.  Wal Mart didn't have any more unpainted wood sets.  I may buy the last colored tin they have this week which should be plenty of destroyable buildings.  I could have gotten the 56 block official Jenga set, but its 10 bucks.  And the only legit Jenga I want is the Donkey Kong Jenga set.  I have seen pictures.  IT IS GLORIOUS.

97 more bucks spent.

What does the big board say now?  216 bucks spent as of mid April.  Im 34 dollars shy of  not getting the Platinum medal for yearly game expenditures.  Going by current spending values I will only get the Bronze.  As I will at least be buying 1 more Drop Pod for 30 that's gonna put me dangerously close to 250 right there.

Can I hold off buying more stuff?  Can I sell off some junk as to be able to buy more junk and not get it counted?  Can I hold off till Connecticon which won't count since its my vacation and thus I will be allowed to spend 150 or so on goodies?  (Normal people buy tee shirts and knick nacks on their vacations. I buy toy robots and hobby games stuff.)

Still, I am doing pretty well all things considered.  I have passed up more stuff as we go.  And luckily crossposting my review of "All Things Zombie!" to Boardgamegeek got such a wonderful response from one of the developers I now want nothing from the company whatsoever to the point I am selling their games on ebay that I own.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Southeastern CT, United States
I like to play nerd games! I am a nerd! Join our nerd ways at https://www.facebook.com/groups/112040385527428/