A blog about tabletop hobby and or strategy games, with a side order of electronic turn based goodness here and there. Now with tons of retro gaming content both electronic and tabletop. Also with 20% more self loathing douchebaggery!

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Tuesday and Wednesday Game Reports

Well, I would rather not talk about Tuesday Heroquest so we will skip that bit in general outside of some general comments. Pico and I are clearly approaching the game from 2 entirely different angles and its not turning out too well. With luck, we can hash this out next game time or over emails or something. I'm sure we can deal with it and get things back on track.

I got some Ogre minis in trade from Starfury for some of my furniture which will be handy next time we get to play Ogre. A Paneurope box with 2 Super Heavies, 3 Missile Tanks, and 6 Infantry Squads. (Which means 1 3 man base, a 2 man base, and a 1 man base.) Sadly, the other box was Ogrethulhu, which while amusing isn't canonical for Ogre in any way, shape, or form. Its a possessed Ogre Mark Five! Insanely deadly, but not too useful overall.

Missme got me a couple of half depth tubs (Which I insisted on reimbursing her for) to put the Heroscape terrain away, giving my hexes a place to nap, and specialized terrain in the other one. I've pretty much packed one of the tubs FULL, and the other could easily do the same. And this is without counting the inevitable purchase of the new Heroscape box set or the Jungle sets should they ever be released. Its only 3 or 4 months late now..

We also made up characters for Dark Heresy, but actually playing them is a few weeks or more down the road, probably after a medical thing I get to have ruin my schedule and bank account at the end of March. (Depends on how it turns out.)

Outside of that, driving 9IN home was hellacious. Snowstorm started up and the snowplows were nowhere to be seen. Another week where a 20-30 minute trip took an hour. Be glad when the weather clears up.

Luckily the snow turned to rain today and it was relatively fair driving to Sarge's Comics for Warhammer 40K. Grabbed the last 2 parts of an adventure trilogy for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, then had a little 1000 points of my Tyranids versus Ultramarines. A Carnifex, Hive Tyrant, Broodlord, 10 Genestealers, 14 Termagaunts, and 8 Hormagaunts went up against a Devastator Squad, 2 Tactical Squads, 2 Dreadnoughts, a Captain, and a Rhino. My Hormagaunts and Termagaunts mostly got slammed, while my Broodlord and Genestealers ripped up every Tactical Squad on the board with the Carnifex and Hive Tyrant running fire support/Dreadnought killing. Its nice to see my Nids do so well. Of course the Ultramarines player was expecting a typical swarm horde, and not a Genestealer and Nidzilla force. Jacked up big Tyranids can do very well.

Next week we are gonna see what the bugs can do to Orks. It should be bloody, violent, and an amazing lack of Armor Saves all around. Its rather bizarre when a Carnifex fired Venom Cannon is a bigger threat to a Dreadnought than a Tactical Marine!

Though as usual, my bright orange and navy blue paint scheme had some viewer make a stupid comment about it. Its one of the many reasons I hate painting. I like the scheme because its striking. It is loud and clashy. THAT'S THE POINT. Its partially inspired by the old reddish orange Tyranids from Rogue Trader and 2nd edition.

Oh yeah. and those of you with lives may have a happy Valentine's Day.
I am not one of them.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Southeastern CT, United States
I like to play nerd games! I am a nerd! Join our nerd ways at https://www.facebook.com/groups/112040385527428/