A blog about tabletop hobby and or strategy games, with a side order of electronic turn based goodness here and there. Now with tons of retro gaming content both electronic and tabletop. Also with 20% more self loathing douchebaggery!

Thursday, January 22, 2009

February Painting Oath!

My Oath

(See November-December 08 for info on the Painting Oath dealie.)

Its not Games Workshop, but I want to have it painted by next month when I play some demo games with it.

I do solemnly make an oath to the naval trinity of Robert Shaw, Captain Dan, and Guybrush Threepwood that by February 23rd 2009 I shall have painted my Uncharted Seas Elven Starter Fleet consisting of 1 Battleship, 3 Cruisers, and 6 Frigates.

(Picture of what they look like here: http://www.thewarstore.com/product45288.html )

Current status: Models washed and cleaned. Priming beginning now.

I know... Its damn dirty, snobby, poncy, emo ELVES, but they are pretty ships! And if I like the game I plan on buying the Dwarf fleet starter next. Its cheap (25 bucks for the Dwarf fleet compared to 40-44 for the other 4 current races), and its DWARVES. IN CIVIL WAR STYLED IRONCLADS.

My paint plan: Have them primed and base color spraypaints by next Monday, and then fully painted by the next Monday if possible. (Blue hulls, yellow sails (like the 40K Eldar Alaitoc craftworld!), colored nose insignia. Dark blue wash, light blue drybrush, blue or brown for the sail masts.)

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Southeastern CT, United States
I like to play nerd games! I am a nerd! Join our nerd ways at https://www.facebook.com/groups/112040385527428/