A blog about tabletop hobby and or strategy games, with a side order of electronic turn based goodness here and there. Now with tons of retro gaming content both electronic and tabletop. Also with 20% more self loathing douchebaggery!

Monday, January 26, 2009

Oath Update for February challenge!

My Elven fleet is coming along swimmingly, outside of the blotchy bits on the sails I had to touch up thanks to the spraypaint preferring to stick to the paper as opposed to the sail.

100_1133

I'm probably gonna give them an Elf Grey drybrush, followed up by a blue wash. Then paint the nose art in a simple color (probably followed by a black wash), paint the sail masts blue, then maybe use some Eldar decals on the various ships to denote squadrons.

100_1134

I gave a drybrush with old mid 90s Lightning Bolt Blue and I kind of like how it came out. (Right front unbrushed to show me the difference.) I might give the ships a black wash over that.

The sails obviously need the masts painted, probably in Foundation Mordian Blue and then that LB Blue over it. A little Foundation Yellow around the edges, and probably some simple symbols on the sails, plus maybe painting the nose art in a single color for squadron ID and I will be done.

Probably by next week I will be done with my oath!

But I am already ahead of the game with my boats, and I am enjoying the rules so far. I should be playing in February after our group's run of AT 43 takes a pause.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Southeastern CT, United States
I like to play nerd games! I am a nerd! Join our nerd ways at https://www.facebook.com/groups/112040385527428/