A blog about tabletop hobby and or strategy games, with a side order of electronic turn based goodness here and there. Now with tons of retro gaming content both electronic and tabletop. Also with 20% more self loathing douchebaggery!

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Painting. Why I hate it in a visual guide.

100_0808

That back unit? About 5 hours for a basic flesh coat for the Night Goblins and the bases flocked. What a boring waste of time.

And then I can play AT-43 with these lovelies looking like this OUT OF THE BOX?

100_0802
(My UNA forces being used as a Necromunda gang.)

I understand that some folks love to paint, and that is cool. But some of us hate this time wasting mess. But as the upper picture shows, even a rudimentary two color job with a flocked and painted base looks better than bare metal/plastic, or an unfinished base. I do plan on adding 2-3 colors and a drybrush highlight to the Gobbos eventually. I just have two more units to get to that level. Ouch.

And more AT-43 to scale with a Warhammer Night Goblin. Excuse my bad black coloring in of the Fire Toad's 01 designation, imma gonna change that soon.

100_0809

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Southeastern CT, United States
I like to play nerd games! I am a nerd! Join our nerd ways at https://www.facebook.com/groups/112040385527428/