A blog about tabletop hobby and or strategy games, with a side order of electronic turn based goodness here and there. Now with tons of retro gaming content both electronic and tabletop. Also with 20% more self loathing douchebaggery!

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

My top 20 electronic game list of all time.

Mostly posting it as because I was too lazy to go look up exact dates of release my votes aren't being counted in F13.net's Top 20 list thingie. I am not alone in this.

But, I might as well save the list for posterity and if I ever feel like popping it out at various forums. Yeah, its not a new tabletop games update, but I will bring up electronic games from time to time here. Just not as much. Its the reason my blog (also not read) at 1up.com died out. For videogames I generally can't make constant meaningful posts about them. At least not in any volume.

Note these are in no real order whatosever.

1: Wing Commander - Origin - PC
2: Warlords 2 - Strategic Studies Group - PC
3: Master of Orion 2 - Microprose - PC
4: Phantasy Star 2 - Sega - Genesis
5: Advance Wars 2 - Nintendo - GBA
6: Defender of the Crown - Cinemaware - Commodore 64
7: Ultima 5 - Origin - Commodore 64
8: Splatterhouse - Namco - Turbografx 16
9: Contra - Konami - NES
10: Castlevania - Konami - NES
11: Mechwarrior 4 Mercenaries - Microsoft - PC
12: Card Fighter's Clash - SNK - Neo Geo Pocket Color
13: Pathway to Glory Ikusa Islands - Red Lynx - N Gage
14: Phantasy Star Online - Sega - Gamecube
15: Dragon Force - Sega - Saturn
16: Star Wars - Atari - Arcade
17: Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic - Bioware - X Box
18: Fallout 2 - Interplay - PC
19: Dragon Warrior 4 - Enix - NES
20: Wizardry Tale of the Forsaken Land - Atlus - PS2

4 comments:

Sigmar said...

3 missing from your list ;)

Herzog Zwei
Warrior of Rome II and
Toe Jam and Earl

Unbeatable !

I love your blog btw, good work.
Sigmar
Warhammer Blog

Captain Rufus said...

Never really got into Herzog Zwei. I got it in the Navy cheap from some mall kiosk, but it never did anything for me. Then again, the RTS genre in general doesn't excite me.

Never played the other two, though the fellow I mentioned known as Pico is rather fond of Toejam & Earl.

Thanks for reading and I hope to keep folks modestly entertained with my blog. Failing that, I can always start controversy by talking smack about RPG.net...

Pico said...

Pretty spot on. Although I would have DW4 in my top ten. And I'd have a Zelda game or two in there as well. Toe Jam and Earl also would be on my top 20. But none of that Panic on Funkatron side scrolling crap. Only the original.

Flavor said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Southeastern CT, United States
I like to play nerd games! I am a nerd! Join our nerd ways at https://www.facebook.com/groups/112040385527428/