A blog about tabletop hobby and or strategy games, with a side order of electronic turn based goodness here and there. Now with tons of retro gaming content both electronic and tabletop. Also with 20% more self loathing douchebaggery!

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The new 40K RPG is a sell out in days hit! LET'S CANCEL THE LINE!

Yeah.

Details here:
http://www.blackindustries.com/default.asp?template=BI&content=newslist&newsitem=350

A game sells out in a matter of days from distributors and shops. Gets HUGE press. So what does GW decree?
CANCEL IT.
Here is the email I sent to them to let them know how I feel.
Admitted, it probably won't get read by anyone and certainly nobody there will give a rat's patootie, but I had to say my piece. With how bad Games Workshop is doing every year you think they would be happy with ANY profit, but if GW has shown us anything, its that they are CLUELESS.

Here it is:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't know if anyone will even read this message, but I have to say my piece as is.

I have been a long time purchaser of GW products, going all the way back to Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader in 1991. I have multiple game lines and multiple playable forces in them.

I have been WAITING for this RPG for a good 16 years or so.

It sells out in THREE DAYS.

Now you tell me before I can even find a copy of it you guys will not be continuing the line past September? That there might not even be a second printing so those of us who don't blindly preorder things we do not have the money for won't be able to secure a copy?

WHAT THE HECK?

I was ready to spend a lot of money on this line as I love the 40K universe, but tend to find the novels silly and the other Black Library background releases to be high in price and low on the content I crave.

Now it looks like I won't be able to.

All I can do is vote with my wallet. The money I was going to spend on Games Workshop's main lines will now go to other companies who actually care and support me as a consumer.

The 50-100 dollars I was going to spend on Warhammer 40K Orks and Tyranids to bring those forces up in size?

I'll spend it on Steve Jackson Games' Ogre miniatures to flesh out those forces instead.

The 100 or so dollars for Apocalypse and the Forge World Apocalypse books? Rackham's AT 43 game.

The additional Goblin and Lizardmen figures I want for Warhammer Fantasy? Federation Commander products or maybe other manufacturer's fantasy lines.

I don't and have never played in a Games Workshop store so I don't have to use your companies' official products anyhow.

More Lord of the Rings miniatures? Hasbro's Heroscape lines.

All I can do to voice my displeasure with this tremendously boneheaded decision is to vote with my wallet.

And my wallet has just given Games Workshop as a whole a vote of "No Confidence".

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
(My actual name removed from this copy of the message.)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I have a preorder for the book and a supplement at Amazon that will probably never be fulfilled and me, a fan of 40K that likes books like this for the fluff if nothing else won't be able to get it.

This also means the two later core books planned, Rogue Trader and Deathwatch won't be done at all.

This bites!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Southeastern CT, United States
I like to play nerd games! I am a nerd! Join our nerd ways at https://www.facebook.com/groups/112040385527428/