A blog about tabletop hobby and or strategy games, with a side order of electronic turn based goodness here and there. Now with tons of retro gaming content both electronic and tabletop. Also with 20% more self loathing douchebaggery!

Monday, January 7, 2008

Why I don't buy many new videogames..

Over the years I keep buying games, either on hype or word of mouth. Many of them only get played for a couple hours. Some are lucky to just get the wrapping taken off.

This was the season when all the OMG MUST HAVE games come out, which as usual will barely get touched, or take my attention off whatever else I was playing.

That won't get finished or touched either.

Or would have if I had been stupid. I wised up!

Right now I have the following games as barely played or untouched that I bought within the last year or two that I can recall. Some were bought cheap, some not. All have gotten a sub 2 hours gameplay.

Arc the Lad Twilight of the Spirits
Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence
Silent Hill 3
Dynasty Tactics
Suikoden Tactics
Fatal Fury Battle Archives
Future Tactics
Paper Mario 1000 Year Door
X Men Legends 2
Zelda Twilight Princess
Metal Slug Anthology
Dragon Ball Z Wii "Holy cow this game has a lot of stuff in it and I was vaguely nostalgic at the time."
Timesplitters Future Perfect
Phantasy Star Online 3
Disciples 2 Gold
Divine Divinity
Dig Dug Digging Strike
Neverwinter Nights 2
TMNT (Came free with the movie. Supposed to be bleh, but it was free!)
Rollercoaster Tycoon 3
Railroad Tycoon 3
Roots: Gates of Chaos
The 2 N Gage Splinter Cell games
Lumines
Metal Gear Acid 2
Gripshift
Jeanne D Arc
Spectral Souls
Vagrant Story
Final Fantasy 9
Neverwinter Nights 2 and expansion (the expansion was the only new release I bought this holiday season!)

And that's just ones I remember and am not counting most retrocollection games. Nor am I counting any pre PS1 purchases.
I'm also not listing Virtual Console and XBLA titles.
If I was counting unfinished games I got more than 3-4 hours on the list could triple or quadruple. (Probably closer to a factor of 10 though.)
I haven't finished Dragon Warrior 8, or Disgaea 2, or some older games like Baldur's Gate 2 or the first Fallout, or one of my favorite niche games, Wizardry: Tale of the Forsaken Land.
I have a metric buttload of games to play already! Some were bought on the cheap, but..

I really need to stop buying games!

And from the looks of it, I am doing well. I did buy Valkyrie Profile Silmeria out of enjoying the previous one (which was one of THREE PSP titles I finished in the last month and a half or so..), but it was a sub 30 price.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Southeastern CT, United States
I like to play nerd games! I am a nerd! Join our nerd ways at https://www.facebook.com/groups/112040385527428/