A blog about tabletop hobby and or strategy games, with a side order of electronic turn based goodness here and there. Now with tons of retro gaming content both electronic and tabletop. Also with 20% more self loathing douchebaggery!

Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Bringing Back the Rogue Trader Scenarios Part 3



Well I probably should just get the next installment done while the fire in my brainmeats is hot so as to not have a backlog from Hell.

(You know the drill click for larger.)
First off Ebay had a coupon for 15% off anything over 25 bucks (oddly enough they had one today but I had bills and stuff and like to be a GOOD BOY so I did not get to partake in savings today) so I did some mulling over but ended up not getting the Fangs of Ulfrich set but I did get the First Strike.  We will get back to that one.  While I waited a whole TWO OR THREE DAYS for it I did some inventorying of those boxes of scenery.

 Necromunda all still there and with the light spray painting I did to them.  Yeah a few of the cardboard pieces have seen better days and I need to figure out how to revive them, but otherwise it is all pretty much here.  Sweet.

 I had to collate my Gorkamorka sets however.  One set wasn't even in the box sadly and shamefully unpunched.  But I had no instructions to assemble either set.

But a little cleaning off of the box and some images from said box and online helped.

I assembled the unpunched set using my painted bulkhead sections and this time used white glue as opposed to tape and it looks quite pretty.  In taking this photo I did see some bits of my stove that needed a little cleaning.  It got done.  These blog posts help me both organize my silly nerd stuff AND show me what I ought to clean.  Helpful!

Sadly I am missing two plastic bulkheads and thus my older set done mostly with tape is currently only capable of being this.  Lame.  But for 20 or so bucks I can get a pack of bulkheads to take care of this and have double GORKAFORTS.  Which could be handy given the new Speed Freeks thing Games Workshop is releasing in ORKTOBER.  Maybe.

A little glue to put on some of the never put on fencing options and its more cover and looks neat.  I did the same to the partial fort.  The pamphlet is there for a reason and its not for this post.  (I need to do more cleaning however.  MAGIC ERASERS FOR THE MAGIC ERASER GOD!!)  I have some minis and that cool clear 6" measuring stick on the fort for scale.  Primaris Marines and Scouts look fine on the fort.  The old Gorkamorka Orks are like slightly smaller than the Scouts so it probably looked massive back then.

 And First Strike is here!  A nice cheap starter with a 40 MSRP I got for effectively 31 bucks.  

 With these contents its like I got two of the Easy Build standalone boxes and everything else in here for FREE.  A nice battle mat, the interior box flips over to be a terrain piece, a 6" measuring stick/ruler thingie, dice, rulebooks, and four Easy Build boxes.  

 Yay goodies!  I now want the other 80 dollar MSRP starter box for the 12" version of that cool transparent ruler thingie and a bigger terrain box and mat.  The minis are just an excellent bonus.  Soon I hope.  Maybe.

 The two new sprues I didn't already have.  I was trying to be ready for a game that didn't happen (mostly my own fault because I have assy time management) quickly so I didn't just use an initial KT force of all the models in the box plus those two Easy Build sets more or less.  So I mostly just cut out the simpler Plague Walkers I needed for the squad.  And used my already built Scouts over the normal Primaris dudes.

 Just a picture showing how even a nice wash and then a flocked base can give a good looking miniature for those with bad skills at painting.  Since these two front guys are armed and look exactly the same I chopped the spike off the top of one of them as a quick identifier.

 The two Kill Teams ready to go in the box for transport to my friend's house.  Sadly this time they just sat in the car.  Note I used a different wash for the Plaguewalkers.  I think it looks great on them.  I am not too thrilled with the flocking on the Marines however.  I used an older bottle of Goblin Green that wasn't a proper color mixture any more.  So I used a Camo Green around the edge to try to make it nicer.  It kind of looks weird together.

 My Nurgleman Kill Team.

 This was going to be the Marine Kill Team but again I wanted a force ready QUICKLY and honestly I felt like the Marines were kind of short changed on ranged weapons so no Intercessors but I ended up with four scouts two of which are rocking heavy weapons.

 Of course I end up buying more Tamiya terrain, especially since the plastic scenery that came with Gorkamorka seems to be somewhere else right now and I like having Tank Traps and Gas Cans/Exploding Barrels.

 Like a lot of Bandai Gunpla kits it seems Japan is realizing the rest of the world is buying their models so they might as well include English on them.  At least the Fuel set has.

 Oh GOODIE.  More bits to cut and glue and clean mold lines from.  

 Sadly the Barricade instructions were somewhat unclear (or I am a dumb ass) and my first two tank traps came out derpy as hell.  using Youtube I saw how they were supposed to go and the rest came out MUCH better though I have some gaps to fill with superglue or green stuff.  The lower right corner one shows you how it is supposed to go.  You put two straights across using the wee guide line in the middle of them.  Then glue with what super little flat parts on the straights are the triangles in a way the open bit is facing outwards and do this on the opposite side of the cross.  Then throw the other straight down the flat line the two triangles create.  Ideally if you want zero gaps to fill in use model cement and do it all at once while it is all still pliable.  The problem is the connection points can possibly be millimeters in size and you are trying to make FIVE pieces all be perfectly flush.  It can be a bit.. trying.  

I don't have any proper simulated barbed wire to make the barbed wire fences yet but I am slowly cleaning up all those plastic wooden poles.  

But I also do a THING of use.  I read and then make a rules summary outline of the core Kill Team rules so I don't forget major bits of it.  I now share my PDF with you thanks to the MAGIC OF DISCORD:  https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/359061996655607819/484235599482454016/Kill_Team_Summary.pdf 











No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Southeastern CT, United States
I like to play nerd games! I am a nerd! Join our nerd ways at https://www.facebook.com/groups/112040385527428/